NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- Eligibility: The 2021 Tesla Powerwall Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, and the following 7 counties in Oregon: Deschutes, Crook, Grant, Baker, Lake, Harney, and Malheur (“Territory”) who are 18 years of age or older and located in the Territory at the time of entry. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law.
- Ineligible. Intermountain Wind and Solar, LLC, a Utah limited liability company (“Sponsor”), and Tesla employees, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and each of their respective officers, directors, attorneys, employees and agents (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on June 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MST on August 15, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter:
- Online Entry: During the Promotion Period, you must:
- download the Advocator app on your smartphone;
- follow the onscreen directions;
- complete all required registration fields;
- provide contact information of an individual or business that is interested in solar on their home or business; and
- schedule and sit for an appointment with one of Sponsor’s sales representatives during the Promotion Period (“Online Entry”).
RECEIVE THREE ENTRIES FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED AND COMPLETED DURING JUNE 2021. RECEIVE TWO ENTRIES FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED AND COMPLETED DURING JULY 2021. RECEIVE ONE ENTRY FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED AND COMPLETED DURING AUGUST 2021 (through August 15th).
- Mail-in Entry: To obtain an entry without complying with the instructions in paragraph 3(a) above, you must mail to the Sponsor: a (1) 4” x 6″ index card that contains your name, address, email address, birth date, telephone number; and (2) a handwritten explanation in fifty (50) words or more about why solar energy is important to you. You will receive one entry for each mail-in entry during August 2021 (through August 15th), two entries for every mail-in entry during July 2021, and three entries for each mail-in entry during June 2021. We will discard and destroy all essays after the drawing. We will not use them in any manner other than to count it as an entry.
All Mail-in Entries must be mailed to 1953 West 2425 South Woods Cross, UT 84087. Mail-in entries must be handwritten, mailed individually in separate envelopes, and postmarked no later than August 15, 2021. You may enter up to twenty (20) mail-in entries but you must include a unique 50-word explanation about why solar energy is important to you with each entry. You may not copy any portion of a prior essay, whether it was written by you or a third person. Mail-in entries that are not in the format specified above, illegible, inaccurate, computer-generated, incomplete, or reproduced via photocopier or otherwise are void and will be discarded. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for Mail-in entries that are or become lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or postage-due.
TOTAL LIMIT OF TWENTY (20) ENTRIES PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/HOUSEHOLD OR MAILING ADDRESS REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. Entries which are untimely, incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion's prize drawing. Entries made by any other manner not specifically allowed under these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion and may result in disqualification of the responsible entrant. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made
- Grand Prize Drawing: On or about August 20, 2021, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period.
- Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds of Winning: The winner of the drawing described in paragraph 4 above will be qualified to win a Tesla Powerwall 2.0 with the Gateway included and standard on-grid residential installation (“Prize”). Standard installation includes the permitting, wire, equipment, labor, and supplies to connect a single Powerwall. There must be unobstructed wall space, minimum of 6 feet, next to the meter for the Gateway, generation panel, and disconnect. The Powerwall must be located in a code acceptable space within 80 feet of wire from the meter and must be located within the same structure being backed-up by the Powerwall. If there are any loads/breakers greater than 30A in the home, or the city/utility requires a service upgrade then additional charges will apply. In addition, installation is only provided if you live in an area where utility requirements allow for solar/batteries and do not require a utility side connection for solar/batteries. You must schedule a time for installation within 2 months after receiving notification of winning the Prize or Sponsor will not be obligated to provide the Installation.
The approximate retail value of the Powerwall is $14,000.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of Prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winner of Prize agrees Sponsor, or any of the Promotion Parties has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Arrangements for delivery of Prize will be made after winner validation. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Prize will be awarded only to an address within the Territory provided the Prize is claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. At the Sponsor’s discretion, an unclaimed Prize may not be awarded.
- Notification & Validation of Winners: Potential winners will be contacted by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, tax forms, 1099-MISC form, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. The return of any notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any required documents or information in a timely manner or a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined solely by the Sponsor, may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize, and the choosing of an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Limitations: Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; (vi) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (vii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (ix) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion or (x) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
- Modification, Suspension and Termination: If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, social media mandate, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or if this Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
- Disqualification: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process, who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner, or who attempts to enter using any automatic or programmed entry method, or any entry service. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Releases: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties, from and against any liability, loss, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death or damages arising out of participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion; and (c) to waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant’s permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ names, photos, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation or notice.
- Sales Use. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant’s permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ names and contact information for purposes of advertising Sponsor’s services and products.
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Promotion is offered only in the Territory and is governed by the laws of the State of Utah. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts sitting in the County of Salt Lake, Utah for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
- Severability & Conflicts: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Winner’s List: To view the winner’s list for this Promotion, please visit intermtnwindandsolar.com. The winner’s list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor is Intermountain Wind and Solar, LLC, a Utah limited liability company. Tesla does not sponsor or endorse this Promotion and is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
- Trademarks. All trademarks used herein except for “Tesla” and “Tesla Powerwall” (owned by Tesla) are the property of the Sponsor.