This Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
3. Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information.
We collect both Non-Personally-Identifying Information and Personally-Identifying Information from you. “Non–Personally–Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. “Personally–Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. Personally– Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity and any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual.
Gathering Non-Personally- Identifying Information.
(i) Web Browsers.
Like most site operators, we gather Non- Personally-Identifying Information from you of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this Site.
(ii) Web Cookies.
A “Web Cookie” is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and your browser provides to this Site, each time you submit a query to this Site. We may use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each Site session, both to help us improve your experience and to help us understand how this Site is being used.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
(iii) Web Beacons.
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of this Site. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
Use of Non-Personally-Identifying Information.
We analyze Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of this Site to help us better understand how this Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design this Site to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We link information gathered using Non- Personally-Identifying Information to Personally-Identifying Information.
Disclosure of Non-Personally- Identifying Information.
From time to time, we may also release the Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from Site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Site.
4. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally–Identifying Information.
We will not disclose your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
- Registration and Other Information.When you register with this Site, you may be asked to disclose Personally–Identifying Information. You may also choose to submit Personally-Identifying Information to us when you send us an email or use any interactive features and services that we may make available from time to time on this Site.
- Information that we Collect Regarding your Household Solar Power Use. When you purchase or lease a solar system from us or from one of our distributors, you provide us with certain personal details about you or your household, and give us access to information about the use of this solar system by your household, such as the energy produced, the energy utilized, or the time of the day when the energy is utilized. This data is incorporated into our monitoring system and used for various purposes, such as to monitor the activity of your solar system or provide you with services that you have agreed to receive.
- Material You Choose to Reveal in On-line Forums, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat Rooms or Similar Locations.You may post Personally-Identifying Information on areas of this Site that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we recommend that you do not do so. We urge you to use good judgment and not post Personally-Identifying Information that you do not want other users to know.YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
- Material you Choose to Reveal to Friends About Your SunPower System by Means of your mobile deviceIf you purchase a SunPower system, and you register for the SunPower on-line monitoring service, you will be able to view the performance of your SunPower system on your personal page on the SunPower monitoring site. If you download the SunPower Mobile App Application to your mobile device, you will be able to view your personal SunPower system statistics on your device, and you will be able to email your friends a link to your personal SunPower system monitoring pages. If you email your friends a link to your SunPower system monitoring pages, your friends will be able to see all of your Personally-Identifying Information on these pages. The link you send to your friend will expire eight days after the date upon which you sent it to your friend. After the link expires, your friend will no longer be able to view your Personal Information on your performance pages.
- DMCA Infringement Notifications, Notices of Violations of Site Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to Us.By submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA“) Infringement Notification or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through this Site), you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices other than DMCA Infringement Notifications, upon request, we will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications (including any Personally-Identifiable Information set forth in the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- Invite a Friend Feature.We may offer you the ability to send friends emails about this Site. If you choose to use this feature, we will only use your friends’ email addresses on a one-time basis to send the requested email and will not store or otherwise retain this information.
- Security.We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personally-Identifying Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any unauthorized access to or use of this Site or information collected and maintained by this Site should be immediately brought to our attention by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Storage of Personally Identifying Information Outside of the United States and Canada.Personally-Identifying Information may be stored on servers outside of the United States and Canada, and, as a result, may be subject to access requests from law enforcement in other jurisdictions.
(iii) Business Transfers; Bankruptcy.
(iv) Marketing Communications. We may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also provide your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties so that those third parties may directly contact you about products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us or from third parties, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
5. Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties.
6. Tailored Messages.
8. Access to Information.
You have a right to contact us in order to access or update any personal information that we may store about you.